Faculty/Student Innovation Grants
Cabrillo Education Foundation (CEF) is providing Faculty/Student Innovation Grants designed to create critical breakthrough thinking. Click Here to download the application.
The purpose of the Faculty/Student Innovation Grants is two fold:
To fund either a new approach to or improvement of a current process/program to increase student success along the continuum of early learning from Kindergarten through College and Career Readiness. Faculty proposals may include curriculum transitions and enhancement, professional development and/or learning communities, programs that target more equitable outcomes for socioeconomically disadvantaged students, teacher collaboration on a project or coordination with an outside organization and pilot projects supporting goals that are aligned between CEF and CUSD.
Two grants will be reserved for faculty sponsored students who have a new invention and /or innovative approach to student success, technology, arts & sciences, etc.
In partnership with CUSD, we welcome these new innovative approaches and are prepared to provide eight $1000 grants, six for Faculty and two for student/faculty sponsored innovations.
The Cabrillo Education Foundation funds the CEF Faculty/Student Innovation Grants Initiative program. Principals and the CUSD Assistant Superintendent of Curriculum will screen applications and receive the approval of the Superintendent prior to submission to CEF.
The Cabrillo Education Foundation’s Board of Directors will serve as the Review Committee. They set program guidelines, review and score submitted proposals, and make final awarding decisions. The CEF Executive Director facilitates the selection process. Application deadline is October 15th 2018.
What this program is for:
- Bring new, innovative “Out of the Box” thinking.
- Creation of a new program that is “Above & Beyond” a typical classroom experience.
- Revision/Addition of existing programs or processes to leverage student success.
- Teacher/Staff sponsorship for a student’s innovation.
- Project resourceful or new to CUSD or the HMB community.
- Project goes above and beyond the typical classroom experience.
What this program is not:
- Day to day operation funds of CUSD programs.
- Expansion of existing programs unless it is an innovative addition.
- Classroom speakers unless they are essential to the innovation being created.
- Classroom supplies unless they are essential to the innovation being created.
Previous Successful Grant Projects:
- Building and programming of Ozobot machines for early coding development.
- Promotion of proficient, career-ready skills using applied geometry in construction projects.
- Farm to desk agricultural program to develop food science technology.
- Publication of a literary and creative art anthology to promote project management skills.
CEF-Funded Innovation Grants
Click Here to download the application.
For More Information
Board Director, CEF