Requests for Allocations 2014-15
Dear CUSD staff, parents and community members:
The Cabrillo Education Foundation (CEF) is pleased to announce that during the 2014-15 school year, CEF will be allocating a total of $145k to our local schools!
Approximately $94k of this has been set aside to support our existing programs, including the animation course at the high school, the 4 & 5th grade science specialists at the elementary schools, the field trips at Cunha & Pilarcitos, the kindergarten bridge class, and collaboration time for our high school teachers.
We have decided that the remaining $51k will be allocated to new projects and programs in the areas of Science, Literacy and/or Music…and we invite you to participate in the generation of ideas by submitting a request for allocation by October 31st, 2013.
Each request must have a district sponsor and must be approved by the site principal and the superintendent. The board will evaluate each proposal based on the following criteria:
- Is the request strategic and visionary?
- How broad is the impact? (e.g. impacts full grade, full school, full district)
- Are the goals clearly defined?
- Is a detailed budget provided?
- Is the requested amount within the available funds, and is there a clear plan for how additional funds will be raised if project cost is more than amount requested?
- Are there clear, tangible metrics defined to measure results?
- Is there a CUSD staff lead identified, and have the Superintendent and site principal approved?
- Is there any data or research provided that supports why this project is being suggested?
- Does the request support the CEF 2014-15 themes of Science, Literacy and/or Music?
- Are the core standards identified and addressed?
- Will this be implemented in the 2014-15 school year?
The CEF board will notify all applicants on the status of their request by the end of February 2014.
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to Valerie Dubois, CEF Allocations Chair, at 650-868-9436 or email@example.com, or to your school liaison (listed below).
We look forward to reviewing your ideas!
Sincerely, Valerie Dubois, on behalf of the CEF board
CEF School Liaisons, 2013-14
The CEF liaisons to each school have changed for this school year, and are listed below. Principals and parent group presidents should expect their school's liaison to reach out shortly to schedule a time to meet with staff and parents to introduce the process in person and answer any questions. Please feel free to reach out to them at any time as well!
- Hatch: Amy Risk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- El Granada: Diane Brosin, email@example.com
- Farallone View: Liz Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kings Mountain: Mario Vazquez, email@example.com
- Cunha: John Ediger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Half Moon Bay High: Chris Dobbrow, email@example.com
- Pilarcitos: Deb Hedger, firstname.lastname@example.org